A rental assistance program is now available to help residents of Arapahoe County who have been adversely affected by the pandemic. With the community facing unprecedented social, public health and economic instability, Arapahoe County is providing rental and mortgage assistance to households that have experienced a COVID-19-related income loss.
The primary goal of this program is to keep families in their homes, preventing loss of housing by assisting with rent/mortgage assistance for households with income up to 80 percent of AMI (Area Median Income). For example: a household of four would have less than $80,000 of annual gross income.
To be eligible for this assistance program, applicants must:
- Be an Arapahoe County resident
- Have experienced a COVID-19-related income loss
- Be income-eligible for the grant funding
- Provide proof of applying for unemployment compensation.
- Provide proof of who lives in your household (must be the ID’s or the lease showing all household members).
- Provide proof of income for every member of the household included with application. (i.e. pay stubs, social security award letters, proof of child support, or proof of other income).
- Applicants must provide a current signed lease or mortgage statement.
- Applicants must provide landlord or mortgage company contact information. Either must be willing to provide a W9 and accept payment from Arapahoe County.
Visit Arapahoe County CARES for People for information on how to apply.
For assistance or questions, please call 303-738-8040 or email email@example.com.
funds are limited. Providing this information is not a guarantee of rent assistance.