The application process for the Littleton Business Recovery Grant is NOW CLOSED.
The city staff and city council will continue to review options and let business owners know if, and when, additional relief programs become available. If you’d like the business to be on our list and map you can complete the Retail and Service Based Business Updates (List & Map) survey.
Please read all the information below and be prepared to provide the stated documentation in PDF, Excel, Word, or jpg formats. Applications will be reviewed in order of time submitted. Those businesses that are approved will receive an acceptance email within five days of submission.
The Littleton City Council understands the tremendous challenges being faced by small businesses in our community. With that in mind, on April 21, 2020, the Littleton City Council unanimously approved the Littleton Business Recovery Grant program. The fund amount is $150,000 with individual awards of $2,500. Sixty (60) awards of $2,500 will be made to eligible applicants. Applications will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
Littleton Business Recovery Grant Program
Fund Total: $150,000
Grant Amount: $2,500
Application Process OPENS: Monday, April 27, 2020 at 12:00 noon
Application Process CLOSES: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 at 12:00 noon – NOW CLOSED
- A non-home-based business with a physical address within the City of Littleton
- A for-profit business
- A sales and/or use tax producing business
- The business was in operation on Jan. 1, 2020
- Currently licensed with City of Littleton
- Business is in good standing with the City of Littleton as of February 1st, 2020 (e.g., no liens, judgments, code violations, etc.)
- A business with no more than 50 full-time equivalent Full-Time Employees (FTE) positions
- The business has been forced to temporarily close or forced to dramatically limit operations due to the Public Health Orders related to the COVID-19 public health crisis
- Able to demonstrate economic injury and a need for a grant to help mitigate the economic injury
- The business will use funds for operational needs such as lease/mortgage payments, payroll, materials, supplies and services
- Prohibited uses of funds:
- Any expense not be considered an eligible business expense by IRS rules
- Wages to any member of the owner’s family who is not a bona fide employee
- Charitable contributions
- Political contributions
- Draw or salary to the owner that exceeded the amount they were paid on a weekly or monthly basis for the same period last year
- Pay down or pay off debt by more than required in underlying debt instrument
The following list of business types are not eligible for assistance:
- National chains
- Businesses deriving more than one-third of gross annual revenue from legal gambling activities
- Businesses engaged in any illegal activity
- Marijuana (medical and recreational)
- Businesses offering adult services or products
- Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-considered basis.
- Business owners will be asked to provide an Income Statement from 4th Quarter 2019 and 1st Quarter 2020 and a W-9 Form.
- Once the application is received and eligibility requirements confirmed, the request for grant funds will be reviewed by the Grant Advisory Committee.
- If approved by the Grant Advisory Committee, the applicant will be notified, and payment provided.