Winter is approaching and with it; flu season! With the health of our local businesses and their patrons in mind, the city of Littleton is partnering with Tri-County Health Department on their campaign to vaccinate more people ahead of flu season.
TCHD has created a Healthy Staffing Project, this is a FREE pilot project that will increase your customers’ confidence as restaurant dining is moved indoors for the fall and winter seasons. Business owners and staff will receive free flu shots, and the participating business will receive free face masks for their staff with their company logo, and advertising materials. The Safeway flu shot bus for downtown Littleton will be in Reinke Bros parking lot; 5663 S. Prince St. on Thursday, October 15 & Thursday, October 22, 2 pm-5 pm.
TCHD will provide links for businesses to access resources and templates of policies and best practices vetted by your local health department to share with your employees. A certificate of participation in this program will be given to participating businesses to hang in their establishments to show their support in keeping their staff and the community safe as well as free marketing materials.
Healthy Staffing Project Recipients will receive
- Free branded masks – with your company’s logo
- Receive a direct contact at the Health Department to provide regular updates, staff training, and expectations
- Free flu shots onsite at REINKE BROS. parking lot for business owners, managers, and staff
- A $5 voucher that can be redeemed at local restaurants will be given out when you get your shot!
- Healthy Staffing certificate and advertising/promotional materials from the Health Department – plus 2 window clings showing their participation.
- Access to resources and templates of policies and best practices vetted by TCHD that can be adapted for your specific business
Restaurants are where many people congregate indoors when cooler weather hits; however, this program is open to all downtown Littleton businesses and their staff – and their patrons! Tri-County Health Department and the Healthy Staffing Project is being launched to assist in workforce education, and guidance on the need for, and benefits of flu vaccinations to mitigate the impact of seasonal influenza and in increasing consumer confidence. This is a community effort so anyone wanting to get a flu shot is welcome! If you are insured, please bring your card with you. No insurance? no problem – the uninsured can also participate for FREE. Consider participating and help keep Littleton healthy and thriving through all seasons!