The partnership between Bemis and Littleton Public Schools (LPS) to share digital content, databases and limited physical materials to LPS students and faculty is now live just in time for the start of school on August 24th. The Littleton City Council and the LPS School Board signed the IGA granting this partnership at the end of April.
Here’s what you need to know:
- LPS student and faculty data is imported into Sierra on a weekly basis to keep an up-to-date database. Limited data is shared: name, email and student/faculty ID.
- Bemis/LPS barcodes look like this:
- lps1xxxxx (for students) *students may know their student ID # as their “lunch number”
- lpsf1xxxxx (for faculty)
- The OneCard gives students and faculty access to research databases, limited digital content (OverDrive, eMagazines), and checkout of 2 physical materials. OneCard does not provide access to pay-per-circ digital content (Hoopla, Kanopy). LPS is using our Homework Help guide as the portal into our databases and digital content via their library’s webpage.
- Students/faculty can use their OneCard barcode number to access public computers via the PC Reservation system.
- Students and faculty may come into the library to get a “regular,” full-access card with appropriate ID.
- For questions about access to databases or digital content, contact Nancy Trimm. For questions about patron library accounts, contact Rich Allen.
- No overdue fines for physical material (2) checkout.